Let’s face it, we have all done some of these things at some stage.
- You spend most of your working life dealing with consequences of exemptions, rather than the root cause of why people request them.
- You Laughed Out Loud when an executive bought a new Mac, and tried to connect to their corporate email. You don’t believe her when she succeeds without any help.
- You have spent 8 weeks evaluating enterprise architecture tools. The original request was for a “simple flowcharting tool.”
- You never use any of the enterprise software you selected on behalf of the users.
- You ignore complaints of poor usability because they don’t understand integration is really, really hard.
- You actually sincerely believe you have the knowledge and the capacity to model the organisation as an enterprise architecture.